West Metro Doulas offers a full range of postpartum services. These services include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in recognition of newborn cues, such as feeding
- Provide education on caring for a newborn
- Assist you in establishing a feeding relationship and routine that works best for you and baby
- Discuss desired parenting styles and help to develop a plan
- Assistance in everyday household tasks, such as laundry, dishes, meal prep, errands, grocery shopping
- This includes working with older siblings to help them understand their role and to help them feel included in the process.
The Role of a Postpartum Doula:
Just as a birth doula supports parents through their choices made during pregnancy, labor, and child birth, so does a postpartum doula when it comes to the choices parents make in relation to their new baby. At a time when everyone has something to say about the way you are raising your child, a postpartum doula will support you in the choices you make and help you to find the resources to succeed.
A postpartum doula recognizes the time following the birth of a child brings many changes to the family and the household. She will bring your family the non-judgmental support necessary to help bring you the comfort and freedom you need to thrive as parents. Whether you want a regimented schedule to track baby, a person to talk to and make you feel comfortable, or someone who will do what you need, a postpartum doula is perfect for any family.
We recognize every family’s needs are so we offer a variety of package options for the postpartum period.
- Short term, day visits to your home
- Overnight hours
- Live in care